Whilst going on my journey to complete Microsoft Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions I have found a whole bunch of supportive resources to help me through. I thought it beneficial to lay them out here for anyone who needs them.
Seeing as how the objective domain of the exam has changed, some of the links below don’t have content that matches the whole list of objectives. I will try to point this out where I can.
I will be updating this as I go along. [Last updated July 7, 2017]
- Microsoft Azure Essentials Fundamentals of Azure, Second Edition [Microsoft Press]
A good all-round book covering most of the concepts covered in the exam.
- Understanding Azure—a guide for developers [Microsoft Corporation]
Mostly deals with the App Service side of things, but a good read nonetheless.
- Developing with .NET on Microsoft Azure – Getting Started
This is a free Pluralsight course covering WebApps, App Services, Deployments, Databases, Storage, Application Insights and Administration. Very useful.
- Exam Prep Session for Exam 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions [Ignite 2015]
Based on the old objectives, so it doesn’t cover everything, but there are plenty of hints in there. Much better than the session provided at Ignite 2016, which didn’t cover much (probably because they were aware of the new objectives coming).
- Microsoft DEV233x Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions [edX] – Free
Free course (takes donations if you want) by Sidney Andrews, available until March 31, 2017.
I asked Sidney how much it matches the new objective and his response was:
@FreeRangeEggs It’s not 1-to-1 with the objectives. While it covers ARM variant services, it doesn’t cover NoSQL and Functions PaaS
— Sidney Andrews (@sidney_andrews) December 8, 2016
- Various courses on Microsoft Learning [Microsoft] – Free
At the time of writing there are courses on Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Identity, Storage, and more. They say they will be updating frequently.
- Prepare to Pass the Azure Solutions (70-532) Exam [Pluralsight]
Helpful tips and required tools to work through the following videos below.
- Create and Manage Virtual Machines for Azure Solutions [Pluralsight]
Based on the old objectives, but the content is still very useful even if it doesn’t cover everything.
- Design and Implement Web Apps for Azure Solutions [Pluralsight]
Also based on the old objectives, but also still relevant and useful content.